National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts’ Digital Archive Authorization Operation Guildlines
- These Guidelines have been established by the National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts (“Museum”) in terms of Article 21 of the Law for the Development of Culture and Creative Industries and the Ministry of Culture’s Regulations for utilizing Public Cultural Creative Assets for the purpose of the effective use of Digital Archive Content and encouraging the public to use the available resources for academic research, promotion, education, publication, design and the preparation of derivative works.
- The definition of “Digital Archive Content” in these Guidelines refers to the digital image or other images produced by the Museum’s archives ("Content").
- Application process and note: t should complete the application form and provide such basic information as purpose, number of publications, language, territory, selling price and duration; if it is for derivative works, applicants should also attach design proposals and pictures (including but not limited to the size, function, design concept, cost analysis and recommended selling price). g applications for works for which this Museum does not have authorization in terms of the Copyright Act, applicants must produce a letter of consent from the holder of the copyright stating the scope of authorization. submission of the above information, the Museum will proceed to review the documents and design and shall notify the applicant to clarify any problem that should arise. otify applicants of the cost once it has approved the application. For derivative works, further agreement must be reached regarding the terms and conditions of the deal, such as deposit and payment terms. ce the aforementioned fees and agreements have been completed, the Museum will provide the images. t must submit the final product and sign the Indemnity Statement, confirming that content of the digital archive has been appropriately handled. g Digital Archive Content shall be paid in accordance with the “Fee Tariff for the National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts Digital Classic Content Authorization” (Attachments 1 and 2) ("Tariff"). Images must be labeled “not for sale” or “free” if for non-profit purposes, which excludes applicants who benefit indirectly from the Content or if the Content is intended as a gift. A discount may be given in the following situations: applicant is a government organization, fees will be calculated according to the “to be used by a government organization” policy. However, a government organization that is also a “publisher” will be excluded. sors of the Museum may receive a discount when using the images for non-profit purposes. s approved by the Museum for the purpose of promoting art or cultural heritage. less otherwise agreed upon, the Content may only be used once per application and said application may not be granted for more than three months. The applicant must re-apply after the three-month period. Any applicant failing to comply with this Clause shall be responsible for any legal consequences and penalties.
- Final work completed using the Content must have the following information on it: the name of the artist, the initial product and “National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts”.
- If the applicant completes any new works using the Content, he/she must deliver the prescribed number of final works to the Museum for our records. If it is for non-profit purposes, appropriate compensation must be made to the artist.
- The Museum has the right to immediately terminate its authorization, retain any fees received or refuse to accept any application for two years if the applicant: ational law; dangers social welfare; tent in a way not in accordance with the application; tent without consent of the Museum; tent without stating the source or appropriate label; d guilty of any other behavior or conduct that may be detrimental to the Museum; or the Indemnity Statement. t will be responsible for any damages he/she causes or any damages caused by any third party suffered by the Museum as a result of the above breach.
- Any person using Content without proper authorization will be liable for any damages suffered by the Museum. Leniency will be shown to any offenders who rectify such conduct before the Museum or judicial organizations discover said illegal conduct.
- Anything not mentioned in these Guidelines will be dealt with in accordance with applicable laws.
- Fees are charged per page. If the fees reach or exceed NT$1,000.00, an additional 20% deposit is required.
- For a government organization applying for non-profit purposes, under the "applicants do not need to obtain authorization" scenario, the fee is NT$500.00 per page of image; under the "applicants need to obtain authorization" scenario, the fee is NT$400.00 per page of image. If said government organization is applying for profit purposes, the fees are charged at 50% of the table, and three copies must be provided to the Museum after publication.
- Fees for the largest size TIFF-350MB (A1) are twice what are listed in the above table.
Fees for National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts’ Digital Classic Content Authorization
NATIONAL TAIWAN MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS’ Digital Classic Content Authorization For Derivative Product Development
For designing derivative products, 1024p image files can be apply for use, with a fee of NT$ 500 per page.
|Product price (TWD, Tax included)||Proportional fee (Tax included)|
|Higher then 10,000||11%|
- National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts' Digital Collection Content Authorization Standard Operating Procedure (in Taiwan Mandarin)
- National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts' Digital Collection Content Authorization Standard Operation Key Points (in Taiwan Mandarin)
- National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts' Digital Collection Content Authorization Standard Operation Key Points - Declaration (in Taiwan Mandarin)
If you have any questions, please contact the image authorization window: 04-23723552 # 368